Application Packets for the class beginning May 2018 must be completed by April 1, 2017.
Prospective students must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for entry into the program:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree program with an NLNAC or CCNE accredited major in nursing from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent as determined by the Department of Nursing Faculty
- Grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher. Students not meeting this grade point average requirement may be admitted to conditional status on the recommendation of the faculty
- Transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education
- Current RN licensure in Pennsylvania; Current home state licensure for application process is acceptable.
- Successful completion of the following courses: a statistics course that covered descriptive and inferential statistics, a physical assessment course, and a nursing research course
- A personal statement indicating academic goals for graduate nursing education
- Each applicant will keep a shadow log of his or her visits to the operating room. The minimum time for this is 8 hours. It should contain (at a minimum) the hours they were there, with whom they spent time, and what they saw. This log will be sent to the admissions committee for their review and evaluation.
- Three completed recommendation forms with accompanying letters: one of the three recommendations for the CRNA program must be from a nurse anesthetist. In order to ensure this recommendation is a true reflection of the abilities of the applicant, the following are required:
2. Applicants are required to have one recommendation from a nurse anesthetist. This is an individual:
a. With whom they have established, over time (60 to 90 days minimum), a professional relationship and
b. Who is familiar with the applicant's abilities and potential. While this MAY be the person with whom the applicant has shadowed in the operating room, that is not a requirement
- Applicants are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) in the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections, and include a copy of his or her scores in the application packet
- A minimum of one year of acute care experience in the role of a Registered Nurse, defined as experience in personally caring for patients with invasive monitoring devices (arterial line, central venous pressure line, and pulmonary artery occlusion catheters), vasoactive infusions, ECG interpretation, and caring for mechanically ventilated patients
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications.
Interested in applying? Contact us to receive an application packet.
York College of Pennsylvania 441 Country Club Rd York, PA 17403 Phone: 717-815-6550 Fax: 717-849-1651